Unit 6 Natur al disasters教学与练习题
half an hour later, lose the game, kill thousands of people, a car accident, wash the village away, start a big fire, fall from a tree, do some shopping, a big noise like thunder, look at each other in fear, under the ground, start to shake, run in all directions, try my best to do, run wildly, fall down, clam down, say to myself, go through my mind, stay alive, a packet of chocolate, in a great hurry, scream for help, drop a little, become worse, search the Internet, discuss---with---, plan a trip to---, on the side of the road, as usual, break down, weather conditions, cover the whole road, time of arrival, get worse, crash into, catch fire, look out of the window, forget to bring my keys, continue to fall around us, come from behind, fall over, weather report, snowstorm warning, the terrible situation, social workers, the people in need, give out food, clean drinking water.
1. I was doing some shopping when it started.
2. People were running wildly while pieces of glass and bricks were falling down.
3. I thought somebody could hear me but no one came for a very long time.
4. I was trying to find my way out when I suddenly heard some noise above me.
1.They looked at each other in f________ when they suddenly heard a big noise.
2. Many people were t_________ in the burning building.
3. People ran w_________ as pieces of glass and bricks fell down.
4. The school football team has l________ the game.
5. Did you hear some people________ for help?
6. The car _________(事故) killed many people.
7. There’s no _______(借口) for being late.
8. My friends _____(建议) me to buy a computer yesterday.
9. The________(气温) is so low that you’d put on your coat.
10.His _____(到达) makes me happy.
11. The birds flew away in all ________(direction) when we wa lked towards them.
12. Look at the sky! There are so many ______(cloud). I think it’s going to rain soon.
13. With the ten women ______(soldier) help, the villagers built the new houses in three weeks.[来源:Z,xx,k.Com]
14. What a ______(fog) day. We must drive more slowly.
15. ---Why did they run _______(wild) in the streets?
--- I have no idea.
（二）单项选择 从每小题A、B、C、D四个选项中，选出可以填入 空白处的最佳答案
( ) 1. I told myself that I must stay _______.
A. live B. living C. alive D. to live
( ) 2. ---________? ---It's windy.
A. What day is it? B. What's the weather?
C. What's the weather like? D. How is the weather like?
( ) 3.The temperature is going to drop _____.
A. cold B. warm C. a little D. a few
( ) 4. The traffic accident killed _____ people.
A. a thousand of B. thousands of C. a thousands of D. thousand of
( ) 5. The man calmed ______ after a quarrel with his wife.
A. on B. up C. down D. in
( ) 6. Mille told Kitty ____ bring a lunch box to school.
A. not forget to B. don’t forget C. didn’t forget D. not to forget to
( ) 7.The stone is in the way. Would you please help me to _____?
A. move it away B. move away it C. move them away D. move away them
( ) 8.--- Why are you in such a hurry?
--- ______I want to catch the first bus to work.
A. As B. Since C. For D. Because
( ) 9. I work really hard, day and night. The stress makes me feel ____ and worried.
A. bored B. peaceful C. disappointed D. interested
( )10.A boy ____ from his bike and ____ his leg.
A. felt; hurt B. fell; hurt C. fell; hurted D. felt; hurted
At first people_____________________________________________.
Many people ______________________________________________.
We can ___________________________________________________.
America, week, ask, be, happy, get, but, teacher, day, think about
Students in the United States are still enjoying their holidays. Christmas is over, but school will not begin again for another 1____. Before they return, there is still another important holiday----the first 2_____ of the New Year. It is last night of the old year, however, that people celebrate the most.
Almost everyone is 3____ to a party. It is nice to be w ith friends when you say goodbye to the old year. The people at the parties 4_____dancing and singing. Most of them look 5____. They are wearing paper hats and making noises. It is close to midnight now and everyone is stopping to watch the clock. At exactly midnight everyone cheers. A new year is be ginning. Everyone is hoping 6_____ a very good New Year.
For many young 7______, like my English 8_____ son and daughter, this is a time of the year 9____the future. They make a list of things that they hope to do. They promise to stop smoking, to lose weight, to save money or to do something else that is good. They call these promise resolution. Some people remember their resolutions all year long, 10____ many others forg et them.
Accident report form
Accident: A car crashed into a big truck。
Date of call: 7th May
Time of call: 4:00 pm
Name of caller: Mrs Green
No. of victims：Two Conditions of victims: Jim is OK, but felt a little frightened. Jim’s father’s legs were hurt, but not badly.
Action: Policemen arrived at 4:05 pm.
Sent the victims to the First People